Don’t worry. I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth! I just haven’t been making very “blog worthy” dishes, thus I haven’t had much to share with you. But I couldn’t let St. Patrick’s Day come and go without posting at least one themed recipe for the occasion!
My husband’s birthday is on St. Patrick’s Day, so he is lucky in that there is always a party going on to celebrate! This year, he will be on his annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach, so I won’t even get to see him. I’m sure he’ll find a way to celebrate without me!
These Shamrock Shakes are a total knock-off of the seasonal shake that McDonald’s serves. You can always count on two things from Micky D’s this time of year: Shamrock Shakes and Fillet’o’Fish. And I’ll take the shakes, thankyouverymuch. They are cold, creamy, minty and green! The perfect treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! And we had our first real taste of Spring last weekend, so that made having a milk shake perfectly acceptable.
makes 1 milk shake
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (about 2 scoops)
- 2/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- Whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish
- Add all ingredients (except whipped cream and sprinkles) to a blender.
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds, until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Pour milkshake into a tall glass.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.