I know, I know. I just posted a soup recipe.
But I have been sitting on this one for a while, and wanted to share it before we get full swing into the Christmas spirit! And with this time of year being as busy as it is with shopping, decorating, parties and events, who doesn’t need a fast and delicious recipe that you can just throw in the Crockpot, and forget about until dinner time?
I absolutely love using my Crockpot. It is so easy to just dump a bunch of ingredients in, turn it on and let the magic happen. It is *almost* like have a personal chef in your kitchen, cooking you dinner while you run around and take care of the million and one other things you need to do. And coming home after a long day to a home cooked meal is really a pleasure.
This soup is no different. It is slightly spicy, and full of chunks of chicken, black beans, corn and tomatoes. Top your bowl with some crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and cool, creamy avocado and you have one seriously delicious meal.
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes 8 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 small can green chilies (optional, but I like adding them for a little more spice)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream and hot sauce for topping (optional, but recommended!)
- Add all ingredients through chicken stock to a large Crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours (until chicken is cooked through).
- Remove chicken breasts from pot, and shred using two forks.
- Return chicken to soup to heat through.
- Serve, and top each bowl to your liking with tortilla chips, cheese, avocado slices, sour cream and hot sauce.