Am I the only one who always seems to pick the longest grocery store line? ALWAYS.
I scan the lines, check out what people have in their carts, and make a guess as to which line will be the quickest to get through, make sure it isn’t a “10 items or less” line (because I don’t want to be that person with 11 items) then I jump right in and feel great because I know that this time, I have to be right in picking the shortest line.
Inevitably, I am always wrong and have chosen the line that takes the most time. It may have only had one or two people with only a few items each, but someone always has a problem with an item, or their payment method or something, and I end up waiting in line for what seems like forever!
So, what is one to do when they find themselves spending so much time in line? You might pick up one of the trashy tabloid magazines and check out which celebrity is dating which, or who has the most cellulite in their tiny bikini…
Me? I go for the cooking magazines! Especially the seasonal cooking magazines. That is where I saw the idea for these cute Halloween inspired candy covered pretzels.
They are simple and fast to make, and are so adorable! Who doesn’t love chocolate covered pretzels? I know I do! And, as you can see, they are so easy to customize for any season or event!
Halloween Candy Covered Pretzels
Makes about 15 pretzels
- 15 medium-sized pretzels
- 1 package White Candy Melts (sold at Michael’s or online)
- 3 oz (1/4 package) Yellow Candy Melts
- 3 oz (1/4 package) Orange Candy Melts
- Your choice of sprinkles (I used white pearls, but chocolate jimmies would continue the Halloween/autumn theme!)
- Pour white candy melts into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until they are melted and smooth.
- Dip pretzels into the melted white candy and shake off the excess. Place dipped pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In two separate bowls, melt the yellow and orange candy melts using the same method described in step 1.
- Transfer the yellow and orange candy melts into two separate zip top bags. Snip off the end of the bag to create a small hole.
- Drizzle the yellow and orange candy melts onto the pretzels. Sprinkle with sprinkles while candy melts are still wet.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes until candy coating has set.