Remember spaghetti night?
For us growing up, spaghetti was one of the meals that always made it into the rotation. It was fast, easy, and always got eaten without any complaints-a working mother’s perfect meal!
But spaghetti became…special…when we had meatballs.
You see, most of the time, my mom would just crumble and brown ground beef and add marinara sauce to make a meat sauce to put over the spaghetti. This was tasty enough as it was, but it was a real treat to have meatballs!
They take just a little extra effort, but I think it is so worth it.
makes 16 golf ball sized meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well (I like to use my hands!) to incorporate all the seasonings.
- Form mixture into golf ball sized balls.
- Place meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked trough and no longer pink.
- Eat with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce.